I am making great progress on my 100% hand-stitched dresden plate quilt. I made nine 18'' blocks and am in the process of sewing the blocks together with 2'' blocks as sashing (these were leftovers from when I repaired my grandmother's antique postage stamp quilt). I have 3 blocks sewn together now and it looks like it is going to be a wonderful size (should be around 60x60 finished, unless I decide to add borders). I used one of my grandmother's antique linen tablecloths for the backing of these blocks, and I will NEVER do something so crazy again in my life, LOL. The grain does not stay straight like on cotton, it is a PAIN to work with!!! Once it's framed in the cotton blocks though, it's better. I bought wool batting for this quilt and have not yet decided what to use for the backing or binding. This will be my first attempt at hand quilting a quilt too. I want it to be as authentic looking as possible though to a 30's quilt. A lot of the fabrics in the small squares are from my grandmother's stash - some flour sack material and some yardage from the 30's-40's. The plate pieces are made from Mama's Cottons from Connecting Threads.