Monday, May 12, 2014

Seascapes string quilt finished!

I am *finally* finished with my Seascapes string quilt using my string quilt tutorial for Moda Bake Shop :)

It's in the washing machine now, so here are the pics pre-wash.

I tried a different quilting pattern this time (a swirl flower), and am not completely happy with how it turned out.  It was hard to go from one swirl flower to the next and get a nice fill and not have big empty spots or spots where the line was too straight.   I probably won't use the fill again, and I'm glad I tried it on a 'keeper' quilt because it took FOREVER to quilt.

 Not to mention it took 15 bobbins to quilt and bind this one!  UGH!

The backing is pretty busy with all those tiny tiles, but it looks cool with the sun shining through it!

I have to admit - I am *terrible* about making labels for my quilts.  So, I have decided that from now on, I am going to quilt my name and the year in the quilt somewhere.  That way, there is no unsightly label, but it's still technically 'labeled' for prosterity.  I did this one freehand, but next time I will definitely use an indelible marker and follow the lines!  Eeek!

I will show post-washed pics tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt! I have been thinking about trying a string quilt so will definitely pop over to Moda and check out your tutorial! Thank you so much for posting!