For the quilting, I used a 10'' circle template and centered it over the white blocks between the 9-patch flowers. This intersected the centers of the 9-patches around the perimeter of the circle. When all the circles were drawn out (with washable quilting marker), it created an orange-peel type design.
I was able to use my normal walking foot for this quilting and lengthened my stitching to 3.5. I quilted on the diagonal in a wave, like pictured:
It took longer than I thought it would to do this quilting, but I love it! The quilt is very soft and drapes very well with this loose quilting.
I also did a different type binding. I added a faux piping and did a wider-than-normal binding. I knew I wanted a solid to divide the outer border from the binding print, but I only had about 11 inches left of the navy blue. So, I improvised. I sewed a 2'' strip of the print on each side of a 1 1/4'' strip of the blue. (2'' print, 1 1/4'' solid, 2'' print) Then, when I folded it in half, I had about a 3/8'' bit of blue showing on the folded edge. I stitched it on the back first, then folded it around and stitched on the blue with blue thread close to the stitching line between the blue and the blue/aqua print. I really like how it turned out and I think I'll do more of this type binding in the future! The wider binding was MUCH easier to stitch down! No wrangling to get it into place at all!