Well, this quilt top has been a long time in the making. For some time, I used it as a 'leaders and enders'. Then, I would buckle down and do a large portion of the sewing at a time.
I had a little problem when I ran out of background fabric and ordered more - and it wasn't the right background, so ordered more - and it wasn't right either! I finally found the original purchase for the background and found out it wasn't 'bleached white', or 'snow', but it was white PFD (prepared for dying).
I did change the original pattern just a TAD by cutting the blocks down to 9.5'' instead of 10'' so that less of the corner triangles stuck out . I like it a lot better than way, although none of them are perfect - I can see why it might be a better idea to leave the blocks at 10''.
I am calling this one Wedded Bliss (since the corner triangles are a red/white polka dot from Bliss). The rest of the fabric is 2 jelly rolls of April Showers. The pattern is ''Metro Rings'' done with the Quick Curve Ruler.
It is 72'' square - so I plan to add an at least 5'' border to get it large enough for a queen size quilt. I have 5 yards of aqua/white polka dot from Bliss I have been
hoarding saving for years that I think I will use for the backing for this. I am going to use the navy/white polka dot for the binding. I guess I will piece the backing and then make the top to fit the backing so it's as large as it can be. I do have some April Showers left to piece into the backing if necessary. I just don't want all this work going into a quilt that isn't big enough to use on a bed - especially since it's a double wedding ring variation.
This quilt top tested my patience and my skills. I love the pattern, but I don't think I'll ever be making another one again!