Each of the strip sets of five 2.5'' strips will be sub-cut into 2.5'' wide sections. Again, I used my 'Shape Cut' ruler, which I highly recommend! I stagger stacked up 4 strip sets to make cutting go faster, lining up the cut end so I only had to trim a small sliver from the left to straighten the edges. There was a small section at the selvedge on the other end that I could get a 1.5'' section from - I went ahead and cut that and added it to my scrap bin. You should get 8 sections from each strip set (4 from the shorter ones) - making a total of 288 sections! (144 where the original strip set was pressed one way, and 144 pressed the opposite way - be sure to keep these separate for ease of block assembly!). You will use all but 3 of these sections in the quilt top, so cut carefully! I love a minimal waste quilt!
Now, we can start block assembly!
With those done, you should have all 81 blocks complete for your 9x9 configuration.
Next week, we will do final assembly!