My nephew's wife is due to have a baby girl in July - and she had her baby shower this past weekend. I saved the scraps from making their wedding quilt and made it into a baby quilt!
I used a green/white striped minky for the backing, and it quilted surprisingly well (I was worried I would get puckers, but I didn't). I also added ties to it so they can tie it to a baby carrier/car seat.
Here is a pic of their wedding quilt I gave to them (their wedding was Sept 2014):
For this quilt, I used the basic pattern from my Moda Bake Shop project ''Wishes String Quilt'', but changed the size of the strips (made them narrower and used more strips in the strip sets). The end cut-offs from the strip sets I pieced into blocks and made the baby quilt with them. No waste, yay! :)
I need to get to my mom's to baste the Ghastlie's quilt, but I have been having problems with my right foot. I injured it, and got xrays, but it's not broken..... it's still swelling after a month and not getting better, so it might be time for an MRI, ugh. I did do some practice quilting on a pillow cover - and realized I am not going to be able to do a spiderweb over the entirety of the 18'' blocks. It is just too big of an area to quilt on my sewing machine with any sort of accuracy.
Here is the finished 18'' pillow cover (without the pillow insert)for sale in my Etsy shop.
And, going through things, I found these two pillowcases - they were from when I made my last Ghastlies quilt (and was going to crochet the edges of them, but didn't). These are for sale in my Etsy shop as well.