Oh how time flies! I have been neglecting my blog and for that I am sorry! I have a few projects going on - mainly I am remodeling my master bathroom, but I am still working on something quilty too.....
I forgot to take a 'before' pic of the whole quilt - but here are a few pics of it before I disassembled the top (after I took off the backing/batting). The lavendar backed blocks in this quilt were a very silky fabric and were in dire need of some TLC.
And, this is what the batting looked that was inside. It was mostly cotton, but there was a few bits of poly in there too. It was literally tearing the quilt apart from the inside out.
Every seam was comprimised and a lot were to the extent that there was no seam left in spots. If I left these seams, it would only be a matter of a few washings and it would fall apart again.
So, I cut apart each and every block.
I forgot to take pics of the process, but the lavendar blocks I cut around the Sunbonnets about 1/4'' and turned the edges under and re-appliqued them onto new lavendar material (using clear thread so as not to detract from the original quilters hand stitching).
I used the backing (the same pink as the sashing) to repair the pink sashing and now I am working on putting the blocks/sashing back together. I hope to share pics of the complete top tomorrow!
You are doing a good job on the repair, so keep it up. Also, I love to see home renovation projects, so I don't mind looking at those photo's as well :)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much Karin... it looks fabulous, my mom keeps asking me about it and I can't wait to see the end result... you do me and my family a great honor..! By even agreeing to take this on. GC3ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete